Midyear Roundup

I have read 34 books so far since January. So far it has been a mixed bag of fortunes. I have read really good books that I will fan girl and love forever and also others that I wish I had never read.

Since we are halfway into the year, I think it is a good time as any to have a roundup of the books I have read so far. These are the awesome, the good, the disappointments and the terrible books I have read so far. Which ones have you read so far? What did you think? Are they deserving of the category I’ve put them in.

                 The Awesome



Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
5 stars

One of the most hyped books of 2018. A #diversity young adult book filled with magic that will leave you desperate for the next book.



The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
5 stars

This is my most favorite book of 2018. I wish I could give it more stars. I can’t believe I had not heard of it until this year but, I am so glad I got to read it. Mind you, this book was not published this year but I still recommend it if you haven’t read it. I have shamelessly reread this a million times afterwards. I just can’t get enough of the characters or that sex scene, which I have to say is the best I have ever read. Guys please take note;)



Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
5 stars

Just read it this month and am still high from all the cute awesomeness.
           
                     The Good


Adulthood is a Myth by Sarah Andersen
5 stars

Relatable, awesomeness right here. Those scribbles, man I want to read book 2 so bad.



The Help by Kathryn Stockett
4 stars
I must be the last person to read this book but better late than never right?




The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
4 stars

Another hyped book of 2018. This was actually solid and I really enjoyed it. I just don’t think it deserves 5 stars.



Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
4 stars

So after taking forever to read this book I finally finished it and now I am saving up to buy Muse of Nightmares. I hope it won’t depress me like Strange the Dreamer.


              The Disappointments



Pestilence by Laura Thalassa
3 stars

I love this author’s books so when I saw this, my heart beat a little faster. The cover made things worse for me because it was so pretty, I couldn’t stop staring at it. So I got it and... Disappointment is a mild term for what I felt after reading this book.


This Child Will be Great by Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
3 stars

Good, but it fell below my expectations.



The Ghost Writer by Alessandra Torre
3 stars

The description fooled me. It was so good. All dark and mysterious and gone girl sounding with a deeply flawed character. It wasn’t bad but the big reveal was so disappointing I felt duped.

                 The Terrible



The Butler Did It by André Boyce
2 stars

I think that the rating was too generous, I have to revisit it.



The Rest of Us Just Live Here: Patrick Ness
1 stars

I don’t even understand why this book has such high ratings in Goodreads. I am very careful with my ratings so if I give this one star, just know I was so close to throwing the darn thing through a window. I barely finished it. Personally I think it was awful and I never want to hear about it ever again.

Comments

Popular Posts