Review: Olympian Challenger



Title: Olympian Challenger by Astrid Arditi
Pages: 299
Rating: 4 stars
Verdict: Read, go read this!!

I am not a fan of mythology but this book may have just changed that. The main character Hope, who this book is centered on finds herself in Mt Olympus after trying to save a "drowning" boy. The only way to leave is to compete against other boys and girls who had also found themselves there in order to become a hero or heroine.

The winner of the challenge gets to win a wish from the gods who all make an appearance in this book. From Zeus, Hades,  Aphrodite to Ares. What follows is a deadly competition where challengers are cut after every challenge.

Some things that I liked about this book.
1. The cover. This is one of the prettiest covers I've seen this year.
2. The pacing. I wouldn't describe it as fast paced but maybe the right pace? There was no lull in the middle or anywhere for that matter like in most books.
3.  I liked Hope although she was such a goody-goody. Surely there is no one this nice.
4.  The mythology

I removed one star because honestly that was the worst ending I have ever read. I can't wait for the next book, I want to find out more about Kieron. Please,  please no random facts about him in book two.

Comments

Popular Posts