Review: The Map of Us



Title: The Map of Us by Jules Preston
Pages: 180
Rating: 2 stars

.... I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

This book was marketed as a book for those who loved Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine. I am one of those people so I was pretty excited to have this.

You know what? The person who said that lied and was giving false praise which is unfair to the reader. At the beginning I was not even sure what "The Map of Us" was about. I was confused for the first quarter of the book. Mostly because of the writing and the numerous characters.

Some parts were written like poetry then the writing shifted again to normal again.

 Let's talk characters. There was Daniel, Matt, Matilda, Her mom, Her dad, Violet, Katherine, Jack and others who  I've forgotten.
It would have been alright for them to be so many if they did not have their own chapter!!! Which is exactly what happened. The chapters were also annoyingly short so you actually don't connect with any of them.

There was a sneak peek of really good writing especially in Violet's chapters. Generally this was not a bad book if you overlook the obvious problems.

Comments

Popular Posts