Review: Red Sister

Red sister by Mark Lawrence
Pages: 469
Rating: 3 stars
Verdict: It does not live up to expectations. It's a read and see kind of book i.e read it and see if you like it.

"I was born for killing - the gods made me to ruin."


At the beginning I thought, now this is going to be 5 star worthy but no it fell short leaving me disappointed.

This is one of those books that just left me confused in more ways than one. For one this book did not turn out as I expected. Which might have been a good thing if I did not feel so wasted after reading this. Sure the writing was good and the beginning was even better but by the end of this book I was not sure why I had even read it.

This book was also unnecessarily long.  It took forever to read I almost gave up.  Then there is the issue of the plot. It was all over the place. There was so much happening I wish the author had stuck to one thing and fully developed it which would have made the story more interesting and reduced the number of pages.

I don't even want to start talking about the characters. All I can say is that it was almost like a Game of Thrones. Why were they so many?  The only sisters I knew were the Poisoner and the Abbess.  The rest were a hit and miss when it came to remembering who they were.

Not everything was bad though, I loved some parts of the book and Nona the mc was interesting. How could I not love her after seeing how much she cared for Hessa. As for the ending, WTH was that???

Comments

Popular Posts