Author Interview

Hey everyone, today's author interview is with Ashley Moss.


She is a fairly new author who writes poems and has a collection of short stories in the works. Read on to find out more about her and the inspiration behind her book Lessons I've Learned: A Collection of Love and Inspirational Poems.

1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I was born and raised in Memphis, Th. I love my family, and I love to read and write. My purpose is to inspire and motivate, and my calling is to write.

2. Have you always wanted to be an author?
No, I haven't always wanted to be a writer, though I've always been an avid reader.

3. If no, what did you want to be?
I wanted to be a doctor (pediatrician) when I was younger.

4. Tell us a little about the last or latest book you've written.
The last book I wrote was a poetry book on the topics of life and love. Its title is Lessons I've Learned: A Collection of Love and Inspirational Poems.

5. Where did you get the inspiration for this particular book?
Heartbroken people and people who have ever been in love before. I wanted people who had been in love before or heartbroken before to be able to relate to the poems in the book and take something from them.

6. On average, how long does it take you to write a book?
On average, a year to a year and a half because I try to have a social life.

7. Do you have any unpublished or unfinished scripts?
I'm working on a Christian fiction short story collection now that should be ready to be read in the fall or winter of this year.

8. What types of books do you read?
I read mostly inspirational, self-help, classic literature, and motivational books.

9. What book are you reading now?
Facing Codependence: What It Is, Where It Comes From, How It Sabotages Our Lives by Pia Mellody

10. Which are your three favorite books of all time?
Matilda by Ronald Dahl, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain, and I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou.

11. Do you or have you ever read a copy of your book after it has been published?
I do read copies of my book after they are published. I actually buy the first copy of all my books.

12. What advice would you give to an aspiring author who is just starting out?
I'm just starting out myself, but I would tell him or her to be original, creative, and authentic in their writing.

 I would tell him or her to write for themselves (to please themselves) before they try to target a certain audience, and I would tell the person to have fun as they write. They should experiment as they write as well and break a few writing rules every once in a while.

Follow and connect with Ashley via her social media accounts:
Facebook
Weebly

I hope you enjoyed the interview, don't forget to subscribe and share with all your friends.
M.

Comments

Popular Posts